This article will explain how to connect a Bluetooth Safety Button to the WorkerSafety Pro application on an iPhone using iOS.
Important Note - In order for the Bluetooth Safety Button to work properly, the location access for WorkerSafety Pro needs to be set to "Always". This will allow the button to get a signal out even when the app is not being used or when the phone screen is locked.
If you need assistance with location access, please refer to the location access article for Apple (iOS).
Steps to connect the Bluetooth Safety Button:
1. Open the WorkerSafety Pro application.
2. Tap on the profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the home screen.
3. Tap on "Connected Devices".
4. Tap on "Connect A Device".
5. Tap on "Yes".
6. Enter the 6-digit Device ID from the back of the Bluetooth Safety Button, then tap "Connect A Device."
7. Next, a loading screen will appear. Press and hold the button until the red light appears (about 2-3 seconds.
8. Shortly after the red light appears on the Bluetooth button, a screen will appear which says "Button successfully linked!"
9. Tap Continue.
10. Return to the home screen of WorkerSafety Pro by using the arrow in the top left-hand corner.
11. Notice that the profile icon now features a Bluetooth button icon next to the person, instead of just the person.
11. You are now ready to use your Bluetooth Safety Button with the WorkerSafety Pro.